Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday Ten

I've been trying to get better about posting everyday. In doing so, I'm starting "Tuesday Ten," in which I will post 10 random facts about me, someone I love, or just something random, every Tuesday.

Here it goes...

1. I have cooked dinner every night since the Lumberjack and I got married (unless we've eaten out). I don't really believe in microwave meals. That's not to say I make a five-course dinner every single night, but I'd like to think I am a decent cook.

2. I prefer staying in to going out--even better, I love having friends over for dinner rather than going out to eat. My mom raised me to be a hostess, not a restaurant patron.

3. I am a control freak. I'd usually prefer to make plans than just see where I end up. I also prefer to be the driver, rather than be driven.

4. I have strange techniques, with reasons, for just about everything. For example, when I eat Pizza Hut pizza, I eat the first piece normal and the second piece crust first, because the front of the pizza is the best and I want to save it for my last bite.

5. Every year, for as long as I can remember, I have a chocolate cake with vanilla icing (has to be homemade) for my birthday.

6. My favorite stores are Nordstrom Rack and Homegoods. I love Nordstrom, but I'm a frugal shopper, so I leave the deals and brands at the Rack. Homegoods is my little houseware heaven. I could spend all day (and lots of money) in both stores!

7. My favorite holiday/season is Christmas. I'm ready for Christmas trees, lights, music, food and decorations by September 1. I don't really care for Halloween, and it's not that I don't enjoy Thanksgiving, but I like Christmas so much more!

8. I've never attended a public school. I've attended Episcopalian, Non-denominational Christian, Catholic and Nazarene schools, but I've never had any public school education.

9. My favorite San Diego restaurant and bar is "The Tractor Room" in Hillcrest. They make the best martinis, and their homemade chips are to die for!

10. I've never eaten a Big Mac. I've just never had any desire to, and In-N-Out is so much better than McDonald's. I've also never eaten meatloaf, mostly because my mother never served it and, since I don't know that I'd like it, it's not a dish I would order in a restaurant.

So, there you are, 10 new things you (maybe) never knew about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment