Friday, September 11, 2009

Seasons: For Baked Potato Soup

It's 85 degrees in San Diego, as it has been for two weeks, and it makes me want one thing: fall/winter.

I know, something is wrong with me. I'm a California girl, but I truly love fall and winter. Something about the coats (I'm obsessed), the crisp air, and the rare but beautiful orange and red leaves gets to me. Mostly, I love (1) being able to cook soups, bake dishes in my oven and come home to dinner cooking in my crockpot; and (2) being able to decorate for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays....without it being 85 degrees and having to turn on the AC because my cooking has warmed our condo.

I've been driving my Lumberjack crazy. When September 1 came, it was fall in my mind. I started looking at Christmas decorations. I started hoarding soup and baked dessert recipes. I even considered wearing a sweater or two (until I realized I haven't turned off the AC in two weeks because it's been so hot!).

Don't get me wrong, I love summer. I love the long days and not driving home from work in the dark, but I also love weather where I can comfortably wear a sweater and pull a homemade chicken pot pie from the oven without breaking into a sweat.

Unfortunately, I will be driving the Lumberjack crazy for a few more weeks, until it truly is fall. In the mean time, I'm getting my recipe arsenal ready for cooler weather, starting with For the Love of Cooking's Baked Potato Soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment