Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fragility

I started a post on our wonderful trip to Vegas that I was going to post today, but I'll have to post tomorrow.

Last night, the Lumberjack and I found out that his dad has prostate cancer, for the second time. The first time, the Lumberjack and I had been together for about a year. I remember finding out, crying with my man and praying his father's recovery would come smoothly and quickly. And it did. After a prostate removal surgery, his cancer was gone.

This time around, cancer treatment means radiation. There is no prostate to be removed, but somehow he has prostate cancer? We are praying for a speedy recovery and healing and that the radiation banishes all forms of cancer from his body.

I don't know much else at the moment, other than life is fragile and precious. Please keep my father-in-law and our family in your prayers.

2 comments: