Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Firsts: About Me

1. Who was your FIRST prom date? David Q, the first "boyfriend" I had in high school. We were just friends by our junior prom, three years later. Of course, it was easy to be friends when the extent of our dating meant we talked on the phone often and went bowling together, with friends, once. I wore a white princess dress. Looking back, it was awefully wedding-ish. In a bad way.
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love? I've got to say, now that I've found true love, I don't know that I had a love before Joe. Not really, at least. But, assuming what I had as a teenager was love, no, I don't talk to him, not do I care to.
3. What was your 1st alcoholic drink? It would have to be horrible Mexican vodka mixed with juice. I hated vodka for years after that. Legally, it was some kind of martini at PB Bar & Grill. Now, I prefer vodka. Good vodka.
4. What was your FIRST job? I worked as an assistant at Dr. Nakamura's orthodontic office through High School. It kept me out of trouble, for the most part.
5. What was your FIRST car? A 2003 Honda Civic, 4-doors and white, which I still have.
6. Who was the FIRST person in your text inbox today? Carlos, from work, checking on my lunch plans.
7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning? My wonderful husband, Joe
8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher? I think her name was Mrs. Woodrell. I have a vague memory of her. I do remember, however, that our classroom was beneath the stairs in the building and we had a hard time distinguising between an earthquake and a herd of 8th graders assending the staircase.
9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane? I think I went to New York and Washington, D.C., when I was 6 months old. First aiprline ride that I remember would be to Washington, D.C., to visit family.
10. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk? Caitlin R. We are facebook friends and talk every once in awhile. She's getting married soon and I am very excited for her!
11. Where was your FIRST sleep over? Probably with Caitlin, or with girl scouts.
12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today? Joe
13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time? My own, I guess. But I will be a matron of honor in Lisa's in July!
14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning? Pulled Dutch onto the bed to snuggle with me
15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to? HelloGoodbye, I think
16. FIRST tattoo? It's a kanji symbol for "Forever" near my hip. It was a purity symbol to myself.
18. First foreign country you've been to? Mexico, if that counts. If not, England.
19. FIRST movie you remember seeing? Pocahontas
20. When was your FIRST detention? In high school, for a very short skirt.
22. Who was your FIRST roommate? Anne, she was a bit crazy and dropped out after a few weeks, not before multiple pregnancy scares, abusing drugs, getting her tongue pierced and having an occasional breakdown.
23. If you had one wish, what would it be? That my marriage remains happy, healthy and strong, and that we one day have a family together where I get to be a stay-at-home mom.
24. What is something you would learn if you had the chance? I'd take cooking classes, or maybe go to law school.

No comments:

Post a Comment