Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring Cleaning

I hate waking up when it's dark out, because of Daylight Savings. This morning, the moon was still up when I was. That is not OK.

However, I adore getting home when it's light out. I turn up the radio and drive home with the windows down, and I love every minute.

The lengthened day makes me realize how much time I have. So I decided to being spring cleaning.

Last night, I attempted to tackle the pantry AND kitchen. After a nearly-full bottle of red wine vinegar dropped and shattered all over my floor, and I realized that tackling both was unlikely. I settled for the pantry, which now looks beautiful and professionally organized. Luckily, I had the Lumberjack to help with the kitchen, so I only have a little left to do today. I will also be tackling our linen closet tonight.

Tomorrow, the plan is to sort through our closets and get ride of anything we don't use, as well as organize. We also need to go through our bills, receipts, etc. and clean under the bed. Friday, I will attempt to part with dozens of beloved and rarely-used beauty items, such as lotions, bath soaps, etc. when I clean out our bathroom. Saturday, I plan to clean out the closet on our patio and wipe down our patio furniture. All this is leading up to the finale, which I can't do until the rest is clean: have the carpets cleaned and reseal the granite in the kitchen.

This is serious business, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment