Monday, April 27, 2009

Makeup Makeover

Yesterday, I went to the Benefit cosmetics counter to buy another playstick, the foundation I've been using for about a year. After telling the girl there that I thought the playstick was a little too heavy for me, she matched me up with some new makeup, and she did a great job. I walked away with a whole new makeup arsenal, including:
Boi-ing, a spot cover up/concealer that camouflages imperfections without looking cakey or, in my case, orangey. It goes on very nicely with Benefit's concealer brush, which is slightly feathered to help it blend in with the rest of the foundation.
Then I got Some kind-a gorgeous (right), their "foundation faker," which has good coverage but not in a cakey sort of way. It goes on smooth and blends nicely with Boi-ing, without looking like I've got 5 pounds of makeup on.
I followed my new concealer/foundation with their new Coralista blush, which gave me a rosey glow. The Lumberjack said it gave me much better coverage than the Dandelion blush I use now, and I agree. Plus, it smells good! Being fair skinned, I struggle with finding a shade that's not too purpley or orangey. And, some of the pinks can make me look too angelic, so this is a good change.

While I planned on stopping there, it's never that easy. She then showed me their creaseless eye shadow/liner. In my opinion, they never really are creaseless. Yes, they say they are but eight hours in, I normally have cream-shadow creases that are, to say the least, unattractive. But, this really is creaseless. Smudged on my eyelid, I have bronzed, glittery eyes that even after 10 hours last night were crease-free. Amazing!

And, what good is a new look and new makeup without a new lipstick? I'm not a big lipstick wearer, but when I do wear it, I wear a bright red shade of Benefit. However, it's not one I can wear everyday. "Skinny dip," one of their silky finish lipsticks, is one I can wear everyday. It's nude with just the right hint of pink, and a perfect pairing with the eye shadow and blush.
All that to say, if you want to add one new piece to your makeup arsenal, or restock the whole thing, I highly recommend going to your nearest Benefit counter as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment