Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Adventures of Dutch

Last night, Dutch discovered that a world exists underneath the bed.
So, while "mommy" was working, Dutch explored under the bed and found lots of surprises--folded up boxes from my beloved KitchenAid mixer, a box from our Sonicare electric toothbrush and silverfish poison!

Being a puppy, everything MUST go into his mouth, including a packet of DEKKO silverfish poison, as seen to the left. By the time I got to him, all that was left were a few slimy balls of shredded paper.

Being the concerned mother, I immediately called the fabulous people at Poway Animal Emergency Clinic, who directed me to Poison Control.

Thank God for poison control. I was told that DEKKO contains Boric acid, which is an irritant, and that the dog would likely get sick. After feeding him and giving him plenty of ice cubes, he did, in fact, get sick. Five minutes later, all better. That dog!
Anyway, I just wanted to give a big thanks to Poway Animal Emergency Clinic and Poison Control for helping our little Dutch!

1 comment:

  1. We had to call Poison Control one time because our dog ate hand warmers - you know, the kind hunters use? It was a mess when it came back up, but at least it did come back up! I've never been so relieved to see an animal throw up!! :)

    ReplyDelete