Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lemon Garlic Salmon with Rosemary Garlic Potatoes

Let me start out by saying that I have never been a fan of salmon. Never.

But, I'm also an adult and I'm pretty sure that obligates me to try new things.

So, last week, I made Lemon Garlic Salmon with some helpful tips from my co-worker's husband.

And. it. was. amazing.
Seriously, I couldn't get enough of it.

So I made it again, and had to share. My recipe is based on a one-pound piece of fish, big enough for two adults.

Ingredients
Salmon (1/2 pound per person)
A generous sprinkle of Lemon Pepper seasoning
A generous sprinkle of Garlic Salt
3 to 4 cloves fresh garlic
1 large lemon
1 lime
2 tablespoons butter

Directions

Preheat over to 350 degrees. Slice half of the lemon and lime and place on the bottom of your baking dish, so the salmon won't stick. Squeeze the other half of the lemon and lime onto the fish.

Next, generously sprinkle Lemon Pepper seasoning and Garlic Salt on the salmon.

Finally, finely mince the garlic cloves. It helps if you have one of these:
It a Pampered Chef food chopper, and I cannot live without it.
Mince the garlic and sprinkle it onto the fish.

Place the seasoned fish onto the lemon and lime slices.

Add a few pats of butter on top of the fish.

And bake for 15 minutes.

During the last few minutes, set the oven to "Broil" to crisp up the garlic.

The salmon should be an opaque pink all the way through and should flake when you cut into it with a fork.

With the salmon, I like to serve from Rosemary-Herb Bread or another kind of starch.

This time, I made some of my famous (at least to my family) Rosemary Garlic Potatoes.

Ingredients
1 pound of baby potatoes
1 or 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
A generous sprinkle of garlic salt
A generous pour of olive oil

Directions
The great thing about these potatoes is you can bake them at the same temperature as whatever other dish you're making. Since the salmon is cooking at 350 degrees, so will my potatoes.

Slice the potatoes so they are the same thickness and will cook evenly. You can use a knife if you're skilled, or you can cheat like I do and use this amazing mandolin. Sprinkle a little olive oil on a baking sheet and spread the potatoes on top so they are not overlapping at all. Chop up your rosemary and sprinkle over the potatoes.

Then give the whole dish a generous sprinkling of garlic salt. Bake for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and golden brown. Serve with salmon.
I'd show you a picture of the finished project, but the Lumberjack and I were starving (it was nearly 8 p.m. by the time we ate dinner) and we wolfed it down before I could take one photo. But, I promise, it looks as pretty as it tastes!

No comments:

Post a Comment