Monday, July 20, 2009

*My favorite* chocolate chip cookie recipe EVER

I have a confession to make.

I make some of the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever eaten.

But secretly, it's just the Ghirardelli recipe.

I've tried dozens of others, and this is my favorite. I've thought of modifying it to make it my own, but why mess with a perfect thing?

The ironic thing is, I never use Ghirardelli chocolate chips. I prefer Toll House semi-sweet.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
11 1/2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips

I've made this recipe so many times, I have it memorized.

Here's what you do:

Directions
Heat the oven to 375 degrees.

The Ghirardelli recipe says to mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl, but we all know no one does that.

Use softened butter or melt it down until it's soft and then cream with sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time and cream. When it's mixed, dump in 1 cup of flour before adding the baking soda and salt. Mix again, add the rest of the flour and continue until combined. Then, dump in the chocolate chips (I never measure) and mix on "low" if you're a rebel. If you like rules, mix by hand at this point.
Nuts are optional, but no one really thinks chocolate chip cookies are better with nuts. No one.
Roll into balls and bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
And, voila! Enjoy these little babies, because they are so good!

Photo courtesy of ghirardelli.com

No comments:

Post a Comment