Thursday, July 9, 2009

Weddings, Fourth of July, etc.

I know, it's been almost a month since my last post. But, I can explain.

See, first I had about a trillion (that's not an exaggeration) wedding-related events. Being in weddings take up a lot of time, even when they're not your own.
On June 26, the Lumberjack was the best man when our dear friends Drew and Christine got married.
And then, one week later on July 3, I was the matron of honor when our dear friends Lisa and Josh got married.
Then, the day after Lisa and Josh's wedding, the Lumberjack and I spent the weekend in Orange County with our parents for the Fourth of July.

The most exciting part of that was: Dutch learned how to swim!
It's an awful lot of excitement for a corgi puppy, though you can't tell from the picture above. In fact, he looks like he's hating it, but he actually had a pretty good time. See, there he is swimming along. He kind of looks terrified there, too, but he figured out the whole swimming thing pretty quickly.

And, as long as one of us was holding him, he seemed to relax and enjoy the cool water on such a hot day.

He did occasionally look to my mom, who was taking pictures, for help. But, each time he'd swim to the steps and get out of the pool, he walk around and try to get back in. The thing is, he's a baby, so he wasn't brave enough so jump in. Plus, when he does jump/fall in, he sinks. Silly dog.

But he definitely had a fun time swimming. In the photo above, he's swimming to me. Such a good boy!

And his daddy was so proud not to have a wussy dog!

Tomorrow, he will be nine months old, and I can say, despite the mishaps, he has been a perfect addition to our little family. We love that little corgi!

No comments:

Post a Comment