Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Homemade Pesto Pizza

The Lumberjack and I have a soft spot for pizza. But, no matter how hard I wish, pizza from Pizza Hut or even the frozen kind is not great for you. Instead, I make homemade pizza so I can control the calories. It's easy, delicious, and completely customizable.

Ingredients
Pizza dough
Fresh Mozzarella
1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons Pesto
2-3 whole tomatoes

Directions
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Lightly spray a baking pan with Pam or similar greasing agent.
Slice the tomatoes thin and even so they bake at the same rate. Spread out your pizza dough (I like whole wheat from Trader Joe's) and place it on your baking pan. Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh or store-bought pesto onto the dough. Top with tomato slices. Next, add freshly-sliced mozzarella. I like the kind that comes in water.
Finally, add 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella and 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the pizza crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.

Slice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment