Thursday, August 13, 2009

Now offering: Custom Invitations/Announcements

A few years ago, I worked in the most adorable bridal/invitation/paper shop in San Diego. I learned a lot of wedding etiquette and invitation design, along with announcements, menus, place cards and other paper products. Coupled with my design training and experience, I've started designing wedding invitations on my own. It started out being just for friends, and has evolved into more.

Officially, as of September 1, I will be accepting clients for custom event/wedding invitations and announcements. Everything I design, print and assemble is to order. You pick the colors, the styles, and I provide design samples. For more information, for a personal consultation or to schedule a meeting, please leave a comment or contact me at courtney.d.design@gmail.com. Below are some of my favorite samples.

Here is the first wedding invitation I did on my own, outside of the shop:
It was for my dear friends Matt and Jackie, who were married in March 2008. It included a shimmery orange paper as the back layer, with a shimmery yellow and then ivory layers on top. We printed in black and orange.

Some of my favorite invitations include the one I designed for my own wedding. They were 7"x7" pocket-fold invitations. The color I used was a shimmery red paper with linen-textured black and white as the matting and printing pieces. Here is the outside:
And the inside, with a floral vector image, printed in black and red. Included in the pocket are two inserts -- a location card and a response postcard:
One of my other favorite pieces for my own wedding was the "after wedding announcement" because we had a really small wedding and didn't invite everyone we probably should have. (The address is blurred out at the bottom, but it's printed clearly on the actual invite.)
And finally, my good friends Josh and Lisa got married over July 4th weekend this year. We used their engagement photos on one side since they didn't mail out save-the-dates, and matted the photo on a teal blue linen-textured paper.
On the back of their invitation, we printed the details, including their names in a teal blue to match the paper and their wedding Web site to gather more information and RSVP.
All designs are custom. Please note that I do not do letterpress or thermography at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment