Thursday, May 14, 2009

O'Brothers Burgers

I've been following O'Brothers Burgers on Twitter for a little while now and dying to try it. First of all, they serve all organic food, down to their sodas and fries. (In my experience, organic food generally tastes fresher and all around better.) Second, they are located in Horton Plaza (above the Levi store), so they are conveniently close to where I work. Below, you can see their Western Burger, stacked with onion rings, bacon and barbecue sauce.

Served with a side salad, these burgers are perfect for lunch or dinner. They are seasoned perfectly and just the right size to fill you up but not make you feel over-the-edge stuffed. The buns and burger aren't ridiculously sized like many sit-down burger chains, so you can actually eat the whole thing at O'Brothers, be full, but not have to unbuckle your pants. The downfall is that it's more expensive than, say, Jack in the Box, but you're paying for not only much better quality food, but for organic food as well. And, I think it's well worth it. For $7, I got the sliders and fries.

The sliders were essentially a normal size burger cut into quarters, topped with cheese, ketchup and mustard. I think they use olive oil when toasting the buns instead of butter, which gives the buns a soft texture with a rich taste. The burger seasoning also seems herb-based instead of salts or spices. If I had to guess, I'd say they have garlic, parsley and maybe basil or rosemary. The fries are like In-N-Out fries--they are clearly hand cut and come with some skin on them still. However, they are thinner than In-N-Out fries and, thus, a little crispier. They come seasoned with sea salt, a little garlic and (I think) parsley. I skipped on the drinks because they are pricey--$2.50 for a can (12 oz.) of organic soda.

Overall, I was very pleased with O'Brothers food and atmosphere. And, I'll be going back again soon, maybe for a downtown date night with the Lumberjack!

No comments:

Post a Comment