Thursday, May 28, 2009

Peach Pie Perfection

I love making pies. Even better, the Lumberjack loves eating pies. Apple is my specialty--apple crumb, to be specific--though I have dabbled with blackberry a bit. However, I've never made peach pie, despite my love of peaches. Since I regularly bake semi-homemade, I cheated and used a pre-made pie crust--but hey, it tastes good and is so easy!


I then filled the crust with the following ingredients after mixing them all together in a big bowl:


5 cups fresh peaches, sliced
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons sugar


After covering with the top crust on, I cut a few slits into the pie and baked it at 425 degrees for 45 minutes, covering the crust with foil for the last 10 minutes to prevent it from burning.


I couldn't believe how good my house smelled with peach pie baking.

Fresh from the oven, I cut a big slice and covered it with Fat Free ReddiWip for the Lumberjack. Peach perfection. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment